Breaking down a technique into sections can be a powerful tool in achieving a higher skill level. Not only does it enable you to perform a skill with more speed and accuracy, it also allows you to learn a new one in a shorter amount of time:
1. Break the technique down into segments.
2. Isolate and narrow your focus to one section at a time. For example, the magazine draw portion of the reload.
3. Start slowly and then build speed. Before you put the specific segment to the timer and go full throttle, prove that you can regularly maintain perfect and accurate technique.
4. Consistent and regular repetition.
5. Finish by blending all of the sections of the technique together into one seamless movement.